⭐ About Alts Digital
Alts is a bootstrapped fast-growing group, that acquires new customers for leading brands in the iGaming and Financial industries. We’re based in Portugal, but 100% remote and active worldwide. We have over +40 team members across 10 countries and we work with thousands of customers worldwide! We’re fellow founders, engineers, seo managers, designers, dog (and cat) lovers, adventurers, coders, and parents. We move fast. We think big. And we’d love for you to join us!
🪡 What you’ll do:
The Head of Legal will be responsible for identifying and overseeing all legal areas including, but not limited to: commercial, compliance, M&A, employment law, privacy, intellectual property and corporate governance.
- Serve as a strategic partner and influential contributor to the leadership team, facilitating and driving decision-making
- Act as a resource and thought leader on the interpretation of existing and proposed laws and regulations that could impact Alts Digital
- Oversee all legal matters and advise the senior leadership team
- Develop and implement a long-term strategy across all areas of legal, risk and compliance: including operations, commercial, compliance, corporate governance, intellectual property, corporate finance, employment, M&A.
- Provide strategic advice and counsel on a wide variety of data protection and privacy legal matters, including implementing the necessary programs, policies, and ongoing reporting in accordance with global and local laws
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring company’s compliance with applicable worldwide employment laws and regulations (we are 100% remote!)
- Provide counsel and oversight for all litigation, selecting and supervising outside counsel, judging the merits of major litigation, and approving settlements of disputes if warranted
- Advise on legal aspects of Alts Digital financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structure
What we’re looking for:
- Experience drafting, reviewing, revising, negotiating, and advising on commercial agreements, services and consulting agreements, etc.,and general business acumen
- Law Master’s Degree
- Ability to grow the legal function alongside the growth of the company
- Negotiation skills: balancing conflicting priorities to reach consensus
- Bias for action. You see what needs to be done and do it
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn current standards and norms for Affiliate companies and agreements
- Clarity of thought: crisp mind with ability to clearly and quickly articulate your point, both verbally and written
- Passion for legal drafting and writing. Brevity, succinctness, and clarity are key
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify necessary process improvements, and create, communicate and implement them on an ongoing basis
- Positive and collaborative approach with an ability to build rapport, influence, engender respect and trust
- Attention to detail while seeing the big picture
- Familiarity with GDPR and other relevant data privacy laws and regulations
- Excellent time management skills, in particular, an ability to manage and juggle competing priorities
- Ability to balance risk with speed and stage of company
- Bonus points if you’ve worked at a scale up previously
🎁 Benefits You’ll Receive
- 100% remote startup environment with all its ups and downs. Mostly ups.
- Salary depends on your skill level, experience and location.
- Working 100% remotely, with a flexible schedule. We measure results, not hours.
- Workation — a mix of work and vacation. Once a year, we find a cool place to work and have fun together.
- 1.000€ / year for financial support in other areas of your life, e.g., professional development.
- We offer a 100€ monthly voucher to use in co-working spaces. Working remotely doesn’t have to mean working from home every day.
Are you ready to both lead and learn?
Is working 100% remotely with a flexible schedule, with highly set goals and result-driven outcomes an exciting proposal?
Are you fueled by a drive to grow professionally alongside your peers, in an environment that rewards you along the way?
Join us now